Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday, Tuesday...... post op x ray

Ok, it seems like we have been here a year now, but its only been 4 days.
Hailey is a trooper and everyday it seems to get a tiny tiny bit better.  Did I say tiny?
She does not like to move cause it hurts, but the best thing for recovery?  MOVING.
 Not only does she have all the stuff in her back,  they removed 3 sections of ribs to remove that "hump" on her back.  Its hard to breathe. They said like cracked ribs.  Plus all the surgery stuff.
What a trip.  Do you want to see her post op x ray?  Its very hard for me to look at, but if you look at it objectively and scientifically and miraculously its ok.  Here goes...   Look on the L at the removed ribs section.
Down below is a picture of her looking happy.  She is in good spirits and pretty much sweet ( except when she is ordering me around..) and she said everybody is so nice here.  All of her nurses has been very sweet and kind.  She only trusts them at this point to move her around.  I am just, "mom".
As to when she gets out, don't know at this point.  I'll update everyday.
 
She would love emails if you have her email.

Kim



1 comment:

  1. Oh my she must be so strong! How severe was her curve before she got surgery? I currently have to wear a brace for scoliosis. :(

    http://embracingscoliosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete