Thursday, October 20, 2011

Home News 13 days Post Op

I have not posted since being home because as you can imagine I am SUPER busy with Hailey now. 
She seems to be improving each day, but some days we have setbacks and new pain.  The Dr's say the the pain will move around as all the nerves and muscles re-attach etc.  Still getting up at night every 4 hrs for medicine.  She said her shoulder blades feel like they have big rug burns.  
Now, how would she know what a rug burn is?  Ask her brothers.. :)  Kids are so honest. 
I remember before surgery she was sitting at the kitchen table and said her back hurt like she had a backpack on and was walking up a steep hill. ....

Her appetite is returning and I am always asking her if she wants something to eat.  Want this? Want some jello?  I found a new way to make "ensure" drinks taste better.  Put them in blender with ice and blend.  I snuck in some "green" nutrition power.  She could tell I added it.  I told her it was good for her iron which it certainly is. 

I have been so BLESSED to have some school families provide some meals for us.  Its not me that is recovering, is what I first thought.  But they lovingly insisted.  I am so thankful though! Being a caregiver and feeling PTSD from this whole ordeal, I feel like I am recovering as well.  

Hailey's surgery journey is one of the most difficult things I have ever been though in my life.  I have had to deal with my own issues of fear, letting go and trusting other people and most important trusting God.
One morning during prayer and agony over this-- God spoke to my heart and told me, "She is my daughter too, and I love her more than you do.  My love is perfect." 

I also want to thank my "internet/txt" pal Brenda.  A mom from across the states whose courageous daughter went through this 1.5 years ago.  She knows first hand as a mom what I have been feeling and has shared much of her experience with me.  She has also prayed us through!  

Hailey's first comment out of the hospital, "ahhh fresh air"  Sacramento!


We had her propped, really well.  The only thing we forgot was bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

The beautiful zipper......



No comments:

Post a Comment